Sales Development Manager
Our client, Voxco, is a private equity-backed global provider of survey software that is used to create phone, web, mobile and face-to-face surveys. Organizations in over 30 countries rely on their leading survey technology to collect feedback and gain insights. The software can be deployed both on-cloud (SaaS) and on-premise.
Voxco is an entrepreneurial company with a close-knit team that values collaboration. The Lead generation and marketing team in Montreal manages and drives the lead generation initiatives for their different sales offices in North America, Europe and Australia.
Voxco is looking to fill their newly-created position of Sales Development Manager to help take the company’s growth to the next level. Our client is looking for an experienced sales and marketing leader who can manage and drive a team of quota-bearing inside sales development reps (SDRs) in combination with a marketing team to generate inbound and
outbound sales leads and activities.
This position will be responsible for managing the team to generate and pursue leads through prospects and campaigns across medium to large enterprise organizations. The overriding responsibility of this role is to design and oversee the execution of multi-touch lead creation programs, primarily outbound tactics, that drive pipeline creation and revenue growth.
This role directly reports to the CEO and will work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams. The ideal candidate is data-driven, strategic, and willing to roll-up their sleeves to get things done. It requires a candidate with strong leadership skills, creativity, and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial culture.
Sales development is a rapidly growing division within the sales organization. The purpose of the department is to:
Generate sales qualified leads that progress through the sales funnels, creating new recurring revenue
To promote SDR’s and develop new quota-carrying Account Executives
- In charge of delivering Sales Qualified Leads to all Sales reps and maintaining a robust pipeline to meet pipeline targetse main point of contact throughout all projects assigned
- Lead and nurture a global SDR team. Use CRM to analyze results for each SDR and the team as a wholeBeing the main point of contact throughout all projects assigned
- Ensure Enterprise SDR Team members improve performance and abilities over time by shadowing SDR’S, reviewing call recordings, and providing specific and actionable feedback to SDRs via weekly 1:1s.
- Build a pipeline of top talent through interviewing, hiring, performance management, and promotions
- Spearhead scalable global lead-generation to meet pipeline targets
- Drive quota achievement of the full global team by focusing on qualified leads and sales qualified opportunities with decision-makers in top global Enterprise accounts
- Help the team to bring potential prospects to an understanding of how our software can match their organizational needs
- Ensure SDRs develop and maintain effective territory plans to maximize and leverage phone time, including pre-call planning, adhering to territory hours and metrics, and customizing scripts to market segments and prospect type
- Execute go-to-market strategy by leveraging tele-prospecting, email, InMail, and other social media to maximize the volume of sales qualified leads
- Manage team to attain daily activity metrics of outbound calls, decision-maker contacts, qualified leads
- Evaluate current sales tech stack to manage the sales process and set standards for performance
- Determine the tactical mix between email, cold calling, video and social
- Manage lead generation campaigns performance in terms of evaluating results tactic by tactic and optimizing performance over time, testing variables in the plan to improve future performance. Analyze and report results effectively
- A/B testing of campaigns to increase Sales Qualified Leads
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop end-to-end omnichannel campaigns, from ideation to execution to tracking results
- Maintain a feedback loop between sales & marketing to optimize lead generation campaigns and identify opportunities for pipeline acceleration and sales conversions
- Work with the content team to create compelling and consistent messaging for email and social media campaigns
- Set program goals, analyze campaign results in detail, draw insights, and make data- based adjustments
- Build reports and dashboards to monitor lead gen activity
- Evaluate, select and manage outside vendors that contribute to the lead creation programs
- Develop the account-based marketing programs to help land and expand key accounts
- Manage email deliverability, database hygiene, subscription management and compliance with opt-in laws and regulations
- Ensure compliance with CAN-SPAM, GDPR and other relevant regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience in sales development or inside sales or sales in the Enterprise Software space, preferably in SaaS
- 3+ years of SDR people management experience
- Consistent track record of 100%+ of quota achievement as an individual contributor
- Great communication skills (positive and energetic, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills, team-player, working with other SDRs and field reps, sales management, external lead-gen agencies, marketing)
- Expert in lead scoring, nurturing programs, list management, segmentation, and targeting
- Strong analytical expertise to set measurable goals and evaluate campaign effectiveness
- Deep understanding of optimization requirements at the different stages of the funnel.
- In-depth knowledge of CRM and marketing automation systems, experience with SalesForce, Salesloft, and Pardot is a strong asset.
- Some of your key metrics will be (all data also by market segment): Spend by channel Unit costs by Lead, MQL, SQL by channel Conversion rates by lead, MQL, SQL, channel No. of sales qualified leads and demos per week ARR generated per quarter Win rate by channel ARR by channel CAC by channel Payback period by channel
- Strong project management skills. Self-motivated and extremely resourceful in driving projects forward
Our client is pride on being a close knit group that works together to make Voxco a great place to spend your day.
Social benefits and more
- Remote work is completely fine and our client is pride on being a close knit group that works together to make Voxco a great place to spend your day. A bit about the work environment:
- Montreal downtown, close to Guy-Concordia station
- Full range of health benefits
- Dining room and a game room
- Healthy snacks, complimentary weekly group lunches
- Dynamic and stimulating international work environment
- Group activities (e.g. Yoga)
- Group RRSP program